Thursday, May 20, 2010

On My Way Home

Yesterday ended with a test for the students and a meal with the leaders of BKH. The test went well as for many this would have been the first test in years! We began the day putting together a sermon from Genesis 6, looking at God's command for Noah to build an ark. After we pieced together a theme and outline, we finished the morning with an encouragement to preach God's Word, knowing that we are never alone - the Spirit blesses His Word. Following lunch - the test! 50 multiple choice questions on Systematic Theology. One of the challenges of taking a test is the language barrier - what may seem like a simple sentence in English can be difficult to translate in Mongolian -so the test ended up being out of 43!

After the final day of teaching, they presented me with some kind gifts (I am now starting my own "ger" collection ;)) and then the leaders took me out to dinner, once again expressing their gratitude that Grace would send me into the countryside to teach their leaders. The meal was fantastic - a bowl of rice served, adding beef (of course!) as the meat from a main plate as the meal progresses. This is followed by Thai soup (I told them I could only have a little otherwise my wife would not recognize me when I returned - I would have eaten so much) and then some apples. A very kind gesture.

I am presently in UB after a wild flight. It was a semi-windy day and for most of the flight we bounced, swayed and dipped. However, I was still able to down a ham sandwich and a can of 7UP. Tonight I am staying at a hotel I stayed at last year, ready for some sleep. I leave tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. to catch the flight to China, Vancouver and then final my family - I mean Toronto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your safe arrival home.

The Ridsdales

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted during your busy time in Mongolia. We appreciate reading how things are going. Praying that these men will grow richly in God's Word and they will gain much wisdom from your teaching and direction.

The McQuaids