Thursday, September 28, 2006

Read a Good Book Lately?

Proverbs 13:20: He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.

Do you want to grow in wisdom? Do you want to grow in your ability to apply God's Word to everyday life? Pick up a good, Godly book and take a walk with the wise. As mentioned in the previous post, I am reading Getting the Gospel Right by a former professor of mine - Dr. Venema. I am really enjoying the book and it is bringing me further understanding on certain issues.

However, Proverbs 13.20 gave me another perspective about how I am spending my time - I am not just reading a book - I am walking with the wise. I am spending my time in the company of the Godly and learning the application of God's Word for my life. The result is growth in wisdom - growth in the understanding and application of God's Word.

We spend enough time being a companion of fools as we easily turn on the TV or sidle up to the computer. Take time to walk with the wise as you pick up a good book - and you will grow in wisdom.

1 comment:

Annette said...

hey, i like that way of putting it. :) Thanks.