Friday, September 22, 2006

John 14.1-4: 1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going."

This morning I sat at Tim's with a coffee in hand as I read this passage and thought: isn't it amazing that Jesus is preparing a place for His people? I wonder what it will be like? This world is filled with unbelief, rebellion, hurt, pain, trouble. I visited a Christian couple just a little while before and they were telling me of their pain - real pain. I think of my own physical house and how much work needs to be done - and yet Jesus says he is going to prepare a place for us and he will come back and it will be ready - completely perfect in all its splendour and glory. Isn't it amazing to think that he says I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. Jesus wants me to be were he is - he is the bridegroom coming for His people.

As you can tell, meditative thoughts can be rather scrambled but what a blessing to my heart. My Jesus is preparing a place and I am invited. He will bring me to glory and I will be with Him because He desires my presence - a undeserving sinner saved alone by Him. One day this world will pass away and there will be no more tears or pain or sin or sorrow. What a place!

Do you know what was so encouraging? Taking a few moments out of a busy day, forgetting some of the troubles and the surrounding rebellion and simply to focus on my coming life with Jesus in His presence. And I found my heart at rest, ready to serve Him because one day this will all be gone and I will be where Jesus is.

1 comment:

Janice Van Eck said...

A lovely meditation David, thank you. What an amazing thought to think of the day when we will be with Christ! Awesome! It sure gives some perspective and hope for daily living -- I Cor 2:9 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him". We have an incredible hope!