Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Thankful for a Menu

Yesterday I heard someone speak about God's work in China. During the break I talked with him and he told me that we would not believe the poverty in certain places. One story he relayed was of a family that owned one pair of pants - whoever needed to go out that day would wear them.

This morning for breakfast I had oatmeal, eggs and orange juice. After I showered, I chose a pair of pants, leaving the few others in the drawer - I also put on a sweater for the damp cold. I see my wife looking at cookbooks, planning a variety of tasty meals. When I go to a restaurant, I look at a menu - a variety of choices.

I am thankful for cookbooks and menus - a variety of choices to enjoy God's blessings. It also causes me to stop grumbling and remember - remember God's abundant goodness for all his blessings.

No comments: