Friday, September 26, 2008

So, a few things have happened ...

I moved ...

to a unoccupied missionaries 12th floor apartment. The arrangements are a little better as there is hot water (in the other place, hot water was rare - not that I am complaining!!) and it is more centrally located.



I finished Systematics I with the class ...

we were able to discuss the doctrine of Scripture, God, His creation, and His decrees and providence. We began with a devotional each morning and then from 9:00-4:45 (with a lunch and 2-3 breaks) we discussed God's Word. This morning they wrote the test and in the afternoon, we began to look at the book of Romans. We made it through the first 4 verses and then they began to ask questions concerning practical areas of church life. One man mentioned that there is much confusion in some of these matters so it was a really good opportunity to discuss and look at how to apply God's Word to church life.



I have made some plans ...

the family I stayed with last year is going to take me out into the countryside and we are headed to some statue of Mr. Khan. Also, I have the opportunity to preach this Sunday morning at 11:00 for one of the pastors attending the class. And finally, I am going over to one of the student's house Monday night for supper. This is a great privilege to be invited and I am very thankful to God because one of my prayers has been that I will connect better with the students.

Thank you again for your prayers. I have been somewhat tired and am thankful for the rest I will be able to have this weekend. We have had some very special moments in God's Word as we looked at various gospel truths and I very much look forward to digging into the book of Romans with the pastors of Mongolia.

No comments: